Responsibilities and Duties:
- May be required to visit job site to effectively gather information on existing system configuration or facility configurations and troubleshoot reported system anomalies.
- Verify and confirm sequences of operation for various systems through a BAS evaluation
- Manage analyzing, designing, configuring and programming building or SCADA control systems as defined by the project specification or scope of work on new or retrofit projects.
- Work with project stakeholders (customers, supervisors, programmers, field personnel, other contractors) to gather information relating to any issues and/or changes in functionality and features of various control systems.
- Conduct graphics engineering functions which include: creating graphics submittal packages as required, reviewing graphics as a completed package, for completeness and accuracy, develop and maintain graphic library, and participate in solution of job-related graphic problems.
- Lead quality assurance and commissioning efforts for a variety of direct digital control (DDC) system components and sequences.
- Lead O&M development for training of associates, equipment operators, and supervisors on system operation; Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs and procedures.
- Serve as primary contact and manages day-to- day operation and execution of multiple Building Automation projects from planning to close-out.
- Manages vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality control and project delivery on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Identify any potential problem areas, recommend solutions, and work closely and cooperatively with the client to resolve issues quickly and fairly.
- Responsible for the development of project plans, communication, risk mitigation, and change management plans; ensure project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately including RFI’s, submittals, change orders and proposals.
- Work with project stakeholders (customers, supervisors, programmers, field personnel, other contractors) to achieve alignment on objectives, priorities, schedules, risks, features, etc. and ensuring they are well documented.
- Attend routine progress meetings with the client, vendors or subcontractor to discuss project updates, concerns, and resolution of issues.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of innovative methodologies, process improvements, and corrective action plans to continually streamline and improve project operations, outcomes, and quality
- Facilitate final sign-off/walk- thru and closeout of projects with the client.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in HVAC, Building Automation or control systems with a minimum of 5 years directly working on any combination of integration, checkout, testing, and/or field support of DDC and/or PLC-based automation systems (BacNet, LON, ModBus) ALC
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading teams and collaborating on complex projects within a professional environment.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of specification and design drawing review for control and mechanical applications as well as industry standards and best practices
- Demonstrate extensive experience with multiple BAS vendor software and hardware
- Programming experience is preferred
- Knowledge of IP-based networks and various building automation communication protocols and systems preferred. Such protocols and systems include Niagara Tridium, BACnet, LonWorks, Modbus
- Proficient in formulating work plans and perform troubleshooting methods given multiple
- Proficient in working with others to plan, conduct, and report work efforts
- Must work independently with little or no supervision while providing guidance to other team members
- Proven supervisory and talent development skills.
- Leads by example and demonstrates an aptitude for managing others.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills required.
- Possesses the ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to be attentive and responsive to client concerns.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time and technical constraints.
- Ability to establish effective collaborative working relationships across different functional areas.
- Strong working knowledge of current web and mobile technologies.
- Must possess a high level of ownership, enthusiasm, and a collaborative, professional
- Experience with MS Project and/or other project management software is desirable but not required.
- B.S. in engineering or related field is desirable but not required, equivalent experience is given serious consideration.
- You must be able to pass a background check, reference check and a drug screening
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC, Building Automation or control systems: 10 years
We are actively searching for a DDC Tech/Programmer to join our team. This individual will utilize programming tools, standards and procedures, and their knowledge of building systems and applications to develop program instructions for DDC controllers and front ends used on projects. Will work alongside Project Managers, Hardware Engineers, and Field Engineers assigned to a project to fulfill the project requirements. Programming will include setup of user interface and/or browser based systems using Tridium/Niagara. The ideal candidate will be able to incorporate a sequence of operation into a device
and/or workstation application that meets all project requirements.
- Under minimal supervision, completes assigned projects, programming, and commissioning and project turnover per contract obligations.
- Assists personnel with solutions to systems problems, either troubleshooting the system or
advising others on how to resolve problems.
- Requires an understanding of core and third party DDC Control software and systems.
- Assists in performing required commissioning documentation.
- Provide accurate information for as-built documentation.
- Adheres to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to
employee and subcontractor safety.
- Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
- Assists in monitoring project execution per plan.
- Reports problems or changes to supervisor or management.
- Completes paperwork and on-site documentation as required.
- Performs self-study (reading, research, and practice) to obtain technical proficiency on required products and application.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Certification at a programming level in one of the following is preferred: Tridium AX and/or Niagara 4. The ideal candidate must possess extensive HVAC systems and control system knowledge including:
- Strong experience with LON, Ethernet, RS-485, TCP/IP Network Experience with multiple HVAC DDC/ building automation controls products and tools.
- Knowledge of Distech, Johnson, Honeywell, and Alerton DDC Systems highly desired.
- Electronics training/certification from some technical school or military electronics training desired.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Above average computer skills required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well groomed, neat appearance
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Valid social security number
- Must be able to complete “E-Verify” citizenship verification
- Must be able to successfully complete background investigation.
- Must be able to pass drug test(s) as required by company
- Lift to 50 pounds; can push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules
- Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Ten paid holidays